Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Dark Knight Rises



Everybody talks about The Dark Knight rises and that's a little too much, considering the movie will be released in summer 2012. But yeah, we are so thrilled! Especially now that the six minute prologue is being shown at 42 lucky 70mm IMAX theaters around the country and on some Russian website in an insulting quality.

Anyway this poster reminds me of the Phantom of the Opera.

Is it only me? Broken mask, photographed from a low angle...  I'd love to see Batman singing in lyrical voice.  And then, of course, Bane in the back. Too bad the poster doesn't show the Marcellus Wallace's gag mask, I was counting on it.

Lastly, I definitely don't find the white rain appealing, we all know it's hard to deal with transparent drops on a black background but it creates a strange effect on Tom Hardy's back similar to the graphic pen effect in Photoshop. 

And I said strange to not say cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment